Mr. McGuire graduated from St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia in 1979. In 1984, he graduated from the Delaware Law School in the top 1/5 of his class and joined his father's law firm in Southern New Jersey representing persons injured by car accidents, defective products, and medical negligence. This is where Tom received extensive experience in serious injury cases. Many of these cases involved medical malpractice, products liability and car accident cases where the clients suffered crippling injuries. During this period of time, Tom "second chaired" several jury trials lasting weeks at a time.
Mr. McGuire's criminal trial experience began in Salem County, New Jersey where he became a prosecutor. In this office, he became head of the juvenile division then started prosecuting felony crimes including major drug trafficking cases involving seizures of kilos of cocaine.
Just before moving to Florida, Tom was in private practice representing persons injured in car accidents and dangerous work conditions.
Upon moving to Pensacola, Florida; Mr. McGuire worked for Legal Aid, then the Public Defender’s Office. For seven years with the Public Defender’s Office, Mr. McGuire received extensive criminal trial experience including seventy-four felony Jury Trials.
Back in private practice in June 2006, McGuire is litigating several criminal and civil cases.
A Few Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1996
- New Jersey, 1984
- Pennsylvania, 1984
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- Honors: 1/5 of his Class
- St, Joseph's University, Philadelphia, 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- President, Christian Legal Society, Pensacola Chapter, 2004 - 2005
- American Association for Justice
Past Employment Positions:
- Salem County New Jersey, Prosecutor